5.26.2010

D.I.Y. Sewing Tips


Now that I'm the proud owner of a Singer Slant-O-Matic (as of last weekend), I'm getting anxious to start grinding out my own garments! Only thing is, I don't really know where to start...

My online research has led me to discover Amber Eden, who has published a good many D.I.Y. sewing articles for stylelist. Here are the links to some of my favorite (and most informative) posts by her:

First Forms First and Required Reading

See How Your Pattern Fits Before Making the Real Thing

Make Your Own Couture-Like Garments

Vintage Patterns in Modern Times

Recycling and Restyling Resources


This image is of one of the patterns I purchased at the most INCREDIBLE estate sale I visited this past weekend. And the best part is that I got the armload of books & patterns I was going to purchase FOR FREE after discovering a pile of money on a bookshelf & bringing it to the attention of the sale facilitators.

Honesty pays, dear readers.

[Photo credit: pinksuedeshoe.]

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...