7.12.2010

Weekend Update

Hello, lovelies! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I had quite a productive one when it came to both thrifting and crafting...

Like my new (old) umbrella? It was only $1.99 at a flea market. I was pleased to give it a test run on Sunday between the few sprinkles we got and am happy to report that it still works like a charm!

The Hubby & I stopped by the most AMAZING garage sale on Saturday, maybe EVER. There, I picked up this little Bakelite purse for less than $10 (I had been eye-ing a very similar one in Minneapolis recently that was over $50, so this was a serious score).

I couldn't say no to these beautiful Tura spectacles either. You just never know when something like these will come in handy (for example: photo shoots, advice column head shots, etc).

Here's a peak at a custom order I've been working on as well. I'm really pleased with how they turned out (and I think the buyer will be too)!!

For those of you that don't already know, I will be vending at this month's Market Day Iowa, thus prompting my latest crafting insurgence...

In addition to the re-vamped wall pieces, I have been working on a few more items to add to my booth, like these greeting cards. They have been fashioned (with love) from vintage magazines, scrap paper, letters typed from my Smith-Corona, and sewn together on my classic Singer. There may be a few more surprises to come...guess you'll have to check it out on July 31st!!

1 comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...