9.13.2010

Renegade Chicago!

The Renegade Craft Fair hit Chicago this past weekend and I had an amazingly fun time assisting my dear friends from Urban Posture at their spectacular booth!

Our first night in the city was spent at an Etsy Success Panel live webcast (I'll try to tweet the link when it gets posted).

The panel consisted of Etsy employees, Renegade organizers, and local artisans. It was definitely an interesting perspective to get on selling handmade goods at both fairs & online.

The first day off Renegade kicked off with...rain. Set up was most certainly a challenge as we manuevered around puddles and worked to keep everything off the ground. Only a few pieces succombed to the wetness, but luckily the showers subsided as the shoppers trickled in.

The booth looked AMAZING. Leslie and Sarah have worked so hard to create a space that has a cohesive aesthetic and it showed. Their attention to detail did not go unnoticed!



It was a lot of fun to sell goods that were so well loved and sought after. To overhear customers saying that Urban Posture was their favorite booth was such a treat and I am so proud of my friends! Renegade = SUCCESS.

Our booth neighbors, and fellow Des Moinesians, Jen of Hey! Jen Renee and her assistant, Erin of Stella James.



A trip to Chicago isn't complete without brunch at Southport Grocery & Cafe. I got the Sweet & Savory French Toast this time around and it was CRAZY DELICIOUS.

Overall, I had a great time helping out at Renegade and meeting lots of crafty people. I'm definitely feeling inspired to keep making & selling my goods. Who knows...maybe even becoming an Renegade seller someday.

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...