3.25.2013

Wayde's Surprise 30th

This post could have easily turned into a retrospective on how not to throw a surprise party, but alas, the celebration turned out to be a success. Wayde was completely in the dark (as were our guests for who knows how long at our house before I got ahold of someone regarding our timeline. Sorry about that, folks. I'm sure that wasn't awkward at all).

I certainly couldn't have pulled off the decorating/ snack prep if Wayde's brother and sister-in-law weren't in town to keep him occupied for the afternoon. Never operate alone during a suprise party mission.

Unfortunately, this is the only photo I snapped of birthday boy:( I would've taken more pics of the party in general if I hadn't been so preoccupied with playing DJ (courtesy of my iPhone).

The donut cake & chocolate milk especially touched my husband's heart, as this is one of his most favorite late-night snack combos/ vices. I couldn't imagine a more suitable baked good for such an occasion.
Baby girl enjoying some glazed goodness. And can you please check out her nails?! Like mama, like daughter...warms my heart.
Even though Wayde had a blast, we both agreed afterwards that we never have to throw another surprise party for each other again. And for that, I am grateful.

Thankful for so many wonderful friends that helped make the birthday boy feel special!! Because he really is...xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...