11.01.2013

Halloween in the East Village


So, I thought I was going to take some time off from blogging for bit, but I HAD to share these pics from our trick-or-treat excursion through Des Moines' East Village. This is the way to do it, parents. That is, if you don't want copious amounts of candy stashed around your dwelling. And after trick-or-treating the last three nights in a row, well, I'm going to need to be exercising some serious self-control over the next few weeks.   


Lumberjack Dad & Snow White Ruby. 
Wayde really struggled with taking our girl out in this costume since she didn't have a black wig.


 The most handsome little lion I have ever layed eyes on. 


First stop, Eden. I caught Ruby eating the one piece of candy she had obtained up until then. 


Eden is my FAVORITE place in Des Moines to buy gifts. These The Moon & The Honey dolls are the cutest and a Bill Murray coloring book?! I mean, seriously.


We stopped into Eight Seven Central next to see some of our screenprinter / designer friends at work. 
Also, more candy. 


Someone with a big box of Scratch cupcakes came in and started handing them out. I was about to say, "Get jealous, Dena & Maren!" but they tasted like day-old's, so you girls didn't miss much. 


My friend, Allison, and her minion twins.


Um, can we talk about this shirt for a minute? I saw it through the door of Aimee and had to take a closer look. Anyone that has this movie etched into the fabric of their pre-teen existence is a kindred spirit, 
in my book. SONORA!!!!


Lastly, we got to pretend to be models at Raygun. Finally, a decent(ish) photo of the whole family! 

Hope you all had a happy & responsible Halloween. And now, that break I was itching to take. Unless this daily blogging thing is too much of a habit now;)

1 comment

  1. My friend Marissa is the creator of The Moon & The Honey, and those dolls at Eden. i just wanted to tell you how wide it made my heart smile to see you lovin' her little fabric friends! You should consider submitting some of your stuff over at her site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...