7.19.2010

Something Old, Something New

This past weekend was the wedding celebration of our friends, BreeAnn & David. As Wayde was an usher, we were both wrapped up with nuptial duties from rehearsal to reception.

The above pics were from a photobooth that the couple arranged for the guests. The ceremony was beautiful & a very fun night overall!!

With all the wedding festivities (and extreme heat), I didn't have time to make the regular thrifting circuit. What I received from my Grandmother though far surpassed anything I could've found that day...

This Singer Featherweight was hers many years ago and my Mother sewed a few outfits for me as a child on the machine as well. It still works perfectly and I'm SO glad I got to have her teach me how to use it.

Featherweights in this condition sell for anywhere between $300-500, according to my online research.

I never plan on cashing in.

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...