7.28.2012

A Banner Thrifting Day

It doesn't happen too often that I get to dedicate an afternoon to a second-hand shopping spree sans kiddo. And when I do, it's not very often that I hit the thrifting jackpot back-to-back-to-back. But today was one of those special days...

I was joined by my friend, Jennifer (former Blacklist Vintage owner & current Marigold Vintage proprietor) for a Southeast Des Moines sweep. Before hitting the charity shops, we stopped into the new Funky Finds Vintage & Retro at 515 18th Street.

Not only was it modestly priced, but also beautifully curated (which only made you want to buy EVERYTHING). Do yourself a favor and patronize this gem.

This rainbow Polaroid land camera was one of my "funky finds". I've been wanting one of these for a while now, so you can imagine my delight when I stumbled upon it.

I also walked out with this darling little puzzle by Galt Toys (Made in England). I could easily see it adorning a shelf or mantle someday when Ruby (& any other children we may have) outgrow it.

We stopped into Dorothea's Closet next door where I met this little number. It was nestled away in the $4 anniversary sale rack just waiting for me to come rescue it. Doesn't it make a great wall piece too?

New (old) books for the burgeoning vintage library.

I was pretty stoked about this paint-by-numbers masterpiece that I scored for $1.99. It's a bit awkward in places, so I have the option to disassemble it and reframe each painting individually. The Japanese landscape in the middle is my favorite.

Lastly, I found a floral vintage cocktail shift dress which I may have to save for another post. I think I ended up spending less than $30 total for my finds. We were pretty surprised by the array of old dresses & decor we came across today, which gives me hope that not all the good stuff has been picked over yet...xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...