9.24.2012

Hello, Fall.

The fairest of the seasons is finally here! Time for scarves, layers, boots, blankets, bonfires, hot drinks, & football season. My hubby is especially excited for that last one;)

When we came back from our trip from California last month, I definitely experienced a discontent with our simple life in Iowa (mainly to do with the landscape). Having lived here most of my life, I always felt like I missed out on growing up near a beach or large body of water.

But then I am reminded every Fall of how cleansing it is to experience four different seasons. Having such a visual signifier of change can motivate me to make new goals or help put certain things to rest. Autumns here almost make up for a lack of an ocean. Almost:)

This Fall brings about many new changes for our little family. Changes at work, church, and possibly our living situation. Papa starts a brand new job next week, which has us toying with the idea of purchasing a house. We have held off for a variety of reasons, but the more we think about it, the more it makes sense for us at this time. The whole process definitely makes me nervous, but I am looking forward to taking it with stride and patience...

I have also started reading this book, Blog Inc. by Joy Cho of Oh, Joy! If you are thinking of starting your own blog, it's a great resource to get one launched. Plus, it is so beautifully designed as are all of Cho's other collaborations with Meg Mateo Ilasco (Craft Inc, anyone?)

Throughout my life, I've maintained a variety of diaries both online & off. I've journaled pretty much since I could hold a pen, so writing is a very natural expression of documenting my comings & goings. Deciding how much to share with "the public" though is a lot harder for me to do. Needless to say, I'm still trying to figure out how to balance that with my passion for blogging.

Thank you, readers - whoever you are - for keeping me somewhat accountable. There's over 180 million other blogs out there, so I appreciate that you've taken the time to visit mine. xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...