9.26.2012

Return of the Letter Man

You've seen this guy before. Chances are, it won't be the last time. Des Moines' own Eiffel Tower, if you will.

It's been pretty quiet at our place the last week or so. Papa was on tour with Parlours again, so Ruby & I stayed with my parents while he was away. It makes getting around in the mornings for work a heck of a lot easier. Plus, having meals cooked for us is a treat.

Papa is back, but his schedule is booking up again. These pics are from a little walk I went on last night with just Ruby. We drove downtown to the library and I let her run around the sculpture garden afterwards.

Ruby ADORES this place. We are definitely grateful to have something like this in our city.

The days feel like they are blurring together. It feels like all I do is work, clean, & sleep. Even my sleep isn't that restful. This is a hard season.
I know it won't always be this way. It is more important that I am present & engaged with my daughter now than it is to be creative & do the things that I want. And the older she gets, the easier it is to include her in those activities. It's already going by way too fast.

But for now, I hold on to this: "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us aasurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1, NLT 

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...